Advertisers Enthusiastic about Digital Media
The American Advertising Federation recently conducted a survey on digital advertising.
Highlights of the survey include:
- 91% of advertisers find the online media environment "empowering to advertisers, allowing the ad industry to shape its own development";
- Digital media offer high ROI to advertisers (especially Paid Search);
- User-generated content sites (MySpace, YouTube, Facebook) are preferred to Blogs(!) which are "too risky to advertise with due to lack of predictability of editorical content." (Shame...)
- Paid Search will increase from 9% of the online advertising budget in 2005 to 11% in 2006 and 23% in 2010.
- Advertisers like to advertise in contextually relevant sites where they know visitors will be interested in their products and services. (Surprise, surprise);
- Advertisers will pay good money to be connected to the right people.
Operators currently connect people, how long until they cotton on that they could get a slice of the action by connecting advertisers and consumers?