Broadband Stakeholders Group Event, London, 9th June 2008
The UK's Broadband Stakeholder Group is having an event in London next Monday, and it looks like it could get quite Telco 2.0. They're going to launch two new research reports, one on the 'social and economic value of next-generation broadband', and one on 'models for efficient public sector investment'. There's an impressive lineup of speakers including:
* Ashley Highfield, Director, New Media and Technology, BBC
* Kees Rovers, President and CEO, Close the Gap, Neunen
* Kip Meek, Chairman of the Broadband Stakeholder Group
* Francesco Caio, Head of UK Govt's independent review on next gen b'band
* Steve Robertson, CEO, Openreach
* Anna Bradley, Chair, Ofcom Consumer Panel
* Richard Allan, Government Affairs Director, Europe, Cisco
* Damian Tambini, London School of Economics
* Rachel Clark, Director, Broadcasting and Content, BERR
The agenda is here (pdf); look out for some other friends of Telco 2.0 there, such as Benoit Felten and Andrew Bud, and you might even run into some of the Telco 2.0 team themselves.
Claire Landau, T 020 7331 2036, E email@example.comAnd did we mention it's sponsored by EADS Astrium - the spaceship company?