Telco 2.0 Research/Event agendas H1 2011
STL Partners, the analyst firm behind the Telco 2.0 and Digital Entertainment 2.0 Initiatives, is expanding the scope of its research and events agendas over the next 6 months to cover key strategic topics in greater depth and help foster richer dialogue between telecoms and other industries who increasingly rely on their infrastructure.
As well as new analysis available via our reports and subscription research service, we will be running Executive Brainstorms using our 'Mindshare' interactive process in San Francisco (5-6 April), London (10-11 May) and Singapore (22-23 June). The draft agenda for these is described below. We'll be fine tuning these in consultation with our community over the next few weeks. (Please mail us any thoughts here).
In the meantime, a key date for your diary is our FREE 'virtual' event - Best Practice Live! -on 2-3 February (registration opens this Friday).
Executive Brainstorms/Developer Forums - Draft Events agendas, H1 2011
Focus: Business Model Innovation in Communications, Media and Entertainment
The events incorporate: Telco 2.0, Digital Entertainment 2.0, Personal Data 2.0 and a new coverage of 'Mobile Apps 2.0'.
Day One - New Market Opportunities at the intersection of Communications, Media and Entertainment
Investment Strategy & Growth Planning
- Where's the money?
- Business Model Innovation
- Investment prioritisation
- Profitable mass adoption of mobile internet
- Embedding connectivity into 3rd party products
- Yield and Cost Management
- Prioritising opportunities in SME and Enterprise markets
- Opportunities in CDNs and Federated/Interoperable Clouds
- Monetising cloud services
Business Transformation (in Multi-Sided Markets)
- Enhancing consumer experience
- Dramatic cost reduction
- Leveraging personal data
Day Two - Drill down on Digital Entertainment 2.0; Mobile Apps 2.0; Personal Data 2.0 (three parallel sessions)
1. Digital Entertainment 2.0
Clarifying the Vision
- Multiplatform Services & Digital Lockers
- New Broadcast Economics and the Effects of 'On-Demand'
- New Opportunities in Online Games
2. Mobile Apps 2.0
From Playing to Profiting
- Best App Store strategies & biz models (operators, handset, internet)
- Marketing, merchandising and monetising apps
- Future industry requirements
3. Personal Data 2.0
From Privacy to Empowerment
- Key roles in the Personal Information Economy
- Cross-Platform Authentication Solutions
- Next Steps to interoperable trust frameworks
Afternoon (Plenary): New Growth Opportunities at the intersection of Entertainment, Apps and Personal Data
Connected Homes, Things and People
- Tablets, Connected TVs and TV Apps
- Role of mobile devices and personal data
- Opportunities in Augmented Reality
- Apple's strengths and weaknesses
- True impact of the iPad
- Fostering alternative ecosystems