Telco 2.0 News Analysis: ‘OTT’ Wars, Big Data and other key disruptions
- Telco 2.0 strategies and OTT threats: Getting tougher for tech stars
- Digital Consumer/Voice & Messaging: Not as clear cut as anyone thought
- Customer Experience: of course it matters, but…
- Network-as-a-Service/APIs: signs of progress
- M-Commerce (wallets, payments, advertising): is it time now, again?
- Cloud: round 2, coming up
- Big Data: round 2, coming up
- Personal Data: an epic struggle
- M2M: getting real but how to make money?
[Ed: This is a special review of the news from the last 6 months in preparation for next week’s EMEA Executive Brainstorm, 12-13 June 2012 in London. The review lines up the key stories against the agenda, covering the latest on Telco 2.0 strategies, telcos in the cloud, M-Commerce, and M2M. There’s top speakers from Amazon, Google, Barclays, Ofcom and the top EMEA telcos and only a few places left so register here now, call +44 (0) 207 247 5003, or email email@example.com for last minute place.]
To share this article easily, please click:
Telco 2.0 strategies and OTT threats: getting tougher for tech stars
The Facebook IPO: Disappointing. The social event of the season turned into a flop. Wall Street managed to get the IPO away, but the price slumped and the bears are not going away. As a result, serious doubt has been cast on the “free-with-ads” business model and the idea of building a huge user base that will be monetised in some vague manner. Further, users’ tolerance for advertising in the social context has been tested, and the users opted for the ad-free mobile version.