Is there $250bn in new 'Two-Sided' Telecoms Business Models?
Our analysis suggests this offers a significant strategic growth opportunity:
For upstream players (brands, content owners, merchants, ASPs, and government) - to use untapped telco assets and capabilities to more efficiently and effectively serve their customers.
For network operators (fixed and mobile telcos, cablecos and ISPs) - to improve the economic returns from their assets by taking friction out of e-commerce and service/content delivery value chains
Some operators are experimenting with more open platforms and new business models. However, this activity is rooted firmly in their technology departments. The commercial structures needed to reap the benefits for all parties are not yet in place.
The fourth Telco 2.0™ 'Executive Brainstorm' articulates clearly, for the first time, the commercial opportunity around two-sided telecoms business models. Incorporating its unique 'Mindshare' interactive format, the event provides a structured and creative environment for invited execs to consider the practicalities of the opportunity.
New analysis is being prepared to inform the debate in April:
- Market sizing analysis on the opportunity around Two-Sided Telecoms Business Models
- Re-Definition of ‘Tomorrows Customers’: un-met downstream and upstream customer needs
- Future core communications products (Voice/Messaging, Video, Internet Service Provision)
- Go-to-market channels and cross-industry partnership models
- Supporting revenue models
- Under-exploited telco assets (fixed and mobile)
- Deployment scenarios
NOTE: Complimentary research reports for all participants (more)
The planned outputs for the event participants are:
- Upstream partners (brands, media, advertisers, government, ASPs): clearer understanding of telco capabilities
- Network Operators: stimulate sideas for new product/service propositions or enhancements to existing ones
- Channels: clearer understanding of how to profitably exploit telco assets in serving upstream players
- Telecom-Media-Technology sector - specify a coherent way forward for cross-sector collaboration.
- Regulators - understand how communications providers will be affected by non-traditional areas of competition
- Investors - understand how the TMT sector has plenty of growth and new markets to conquer.
The format is described in more detail here. The agenda is here. In addition we will be running a small exhibition showing demonstrations of the most cutting-edge 'Telco 2.0™' products, tools and techniques, a special ‘Mash-Up’ demo session, and evening networking parties. After the event, on the morning of 18th April, we will be holding an informal ‘Meet the Telco 2.0 Analysts’ open morning to discuss some of their latest research output.