Each Telco 2.0™ Executive Brainstorm comprises 250-300 senior execs from across the Telco, Media, and Technology sectors, with this profile:
- 50% fixed and mobile network operators, ISPs and service providers, 20% content owners, e-commerce players, 20% enablers, vendors, 10% consultants, regulators, trade associations.
- They typically come from a mix of Strategy, Technology, Marketing, Finance, R&D and Operational functions.
- They are involved in designing and delivering new business models, services portfolios and new technology.
- They are responsible for, or involved in, strategic vision and product direction.
- They share a common goal – to increase the value of their organizations.
They believe that ‘business as usual’ isn’t sustainable.
- They are interested in growth opportunities for their business, not just managing cost.
- They are looking for stimulating ideas from outside their company, country and industry and want to be exposed to ideas that challenge their assumptions about the industry and how to do business.
- They are interested in practical solutions to short-term problems, so they prove a case for broader innovation.
- They come to Telco 2.0™ events because of the unique brainstorming format focused on cutting-edge topics.
"When I got to the Executive Brainstorm [in March 2007] I was unsure of the mix of people. Would it be mostly stiff telco execs who are blind to the innovation needed and shackled to the old business model (career guys) or would it be a seditious lot of frustrated disrupters, jumping up and down and crying wolf once again. But it was neither. I actually met a group of smart people who are genuinely concerned and very interested in the future of a fantastic
industry." Vice President, Leading European Operator
Over 750 people have participated in a Telco 2.0™ event since the first in October 2006 including:
Group Strategy Director, Belgacom
Senior Vice President, Boingo Wireless
Director Broadband & Telephony, BSkyB
CIO and President, BT Global Services
CEO, BT Openreach
Director, Group Portfolio Strategy, BT Plc
Vice President of Strategy, BT Retail
CEO, Carphone Warehouse
Vice President, Head of Innovation,
Senior Vice President, Near Access, Deutsche Telekom
Director, Marketing and Content, FASTWEB
Director of Business Development, FON
Executive Vice President, France< Telecom
Managing Director, Glasvezelnet
Managing Director, Corporate Development, Liberty Global Inc.
Vice President Marketing Vision, Orange Group
Senior Vice President, Orange Healthcare
COO and Co-Founder, Rave Wireless
Director of Content, Telefonica
Chief Technology Officer, Telefonica O2 Europe
Vice President of Football, Telenor
Vice President, Fixed Division, Telenor Nordic
SVP & CTO, TeliaSonera
Media and Internet Companies
Vice President Europe, EA Mobile
Managing Director, Syndication &
Managing Director, Habbo Hotel
Vice Chairman, OgilvyOne Worldwide
Vice President, Europe, Slingmedia
Vice President, Europe, Sony BMG
Vice President, Walt Disney Internet Group
Vice President, Yahoo! Inc
Partners and Enablers
Executive Vice President, Akamai Technologies
Vice President, Alcatel-Lucent
Vice President Europe, Cisco
Partner, Digital Consumer Solutions, IBM Global Business Services
Vice President, Europe, Intel
Chief Technical Officer, LogicaCMG Telecoms
Chief Software Architect, Motorola
Chief Marketing Officer, GSM Association
Executive Director of Research, MCPS-PRS Alliance
Chairman, Mobile Entertainment Forum
Chairman, Broadband Stakeholder Group
Cabinet Member, European Commission
Director Lisbon Strategy, European Commission
Sector Partner, 3i
Venture Partner, Accel
Partner TMT, Apax Partners
Chief Telecoms Analyst, Daiwa Securities
Managing Director, EMEA, Intel Capital