A New Role for Telcos in the Digital Economy
The 6th Telco 2.0™ Executive Brainstorm, co-located with the TM Forum's Management World 2009 will be held at the Acropolis Convention Centre in Nice, South of France, on 6-7 May 2009. It is based on the output from the 5th Telco 2.0™ Executive Brainstorm held in London in November 2008, and new market research and analysis from the Telco 2.0™ Initiative.
"85% of senior execs said the current telco business model will no longer deliver sufficient growth." Telco 2.0™ Participant Survey, November 2008
May Event Focus
- Reducing Friction in the Digital Economy: Exploiting latent telco capabilities. Industry next steps towards realizing the $350bn 'two-sided' telecoms market opportunity (Part 2).
- New Industry 'Platform' Strategies; Business Model for 'Network-as-a-Service'; Retail Services for 'Digital Natives'; New Wholesale and Enterprise Services; Telco 2.0 Technical Architectures; Winning with Edge Devices; Commercial Model for Open APIs and 'Smart Pipes'.
Unique Interactive Format
Telco 2.0's unique interactive format, called "Mindshare", gathers together representatives from across the telecoms, media, internet and technology sectors to explore opportunities to exploit telecoms assets and capabilities to grow business in the digital economy. It is run as a large scale structured brainstorm comprising roughly: 30% Stimulus presentations; 22% Interactive brainstorming with peers; 13% Panel discussions; 35% Networking.
Up to 250 invited senior execs from across the telecoms, media, internet and technology sectors.
In addition to the Telco 2.0™ analysts, we have a superb line up of stimulus presenters and panelists who are specially briefed to contribute to the brainstorming process, including:
Chairman, Augere, Former Chairman, Orange UK
CEO, Virgin Entertainment Group
Global Network Operations, AT&T
|Dr Hossein Eslambolchi
CEO, 2020 Venture Partners, former CTO, AT&T
Chairman and CEO,
Group CTO, BT;
CEO, BT Innovate
Chairman, Mobile Entertainment Forum
Managing Director, Strategy, Portfolio & Transformation, BT Wholesale
|Richard D Titus
Controller Future Media, BBC
|Nicolas de Cordes
SVP Corporate Strategy, Orange-FT Group
Chairman, TM Forum
Head of Service Architecture, Vodafone Group Services
President, Amdocs Interactive
EVP Mobile Internet, T-Mobile International
Head Of Corporate Strategic Marketing, Alcatel-Lucent
- TelecomTV coverage: The event will be recorded, edited and the content available on-demand after the event. Some of it will be broadcast live via a webcast.
- New Research: new Telco 2.0 analysis will be released at the event.
- Pre and Post Event coverage: Previews and reviews via web TV, newsletter and blog sent to 60,000+ execs worldwide.
- Networking:Advanced programme of social and business networking
- Major Exhibition: Access to the TM Forum's Expo of the world's leading enablers
"In times of fundamental change, it's important to have a considered and interactive debate about where we're going, with thought leaders and innovators from across different industries globally. The Telco 2.0 Executive Brainstorm series provides this and challenges senior execs to think more creatively about their business models and capabilities." Matt Bross, Group CTO, BT; CEO, BT Innovate
TM Forum, Telecom TV, GSMA, Broadband Stakeholders Group.